čtvrtek 28. října 2010

The Grace of God by Andy Stanley

The Review of The Grace of God by Andy Stanley
5 stars out of 5

I always enjoy reading Andy Stanley's books as well as listenning to his numerous podcasts from North Point current series, archives and leadership talks. As such I know that when Andy writes his ideas and quotable sentences, it is most likely carefully crafted piece of well thought art, and it is a well of wisdom for other leaders and speakers like me.

The Grace of God is different book than other Andy's work. While normally he would write the book based on one series he would have in North Point Church (such as It Came From Within; How Good is Good Enough; The Princliple of Path; Choosing to Cheat), this is actually based on several different series that Andy spoke, such as last year Christmas series, Loosing my Religion, and so on, but (as he says in the beginning of the book), he point out from these messages subject of grace even when his original message was about something else. As I was reading the book, I remembered the messages where I heard these stories and principles, however, it was all quite fresh because of this until now hidden underlying link of God's grace. As such, the book felt very different.

If I am not mistaken, Andy normally writes either principle based books on life or leadership books, but this could be easily considered his first ever book on theological matter, even though it is still written in fresh, conversational and practical Andy's signature style. If more of this would follow, I can't honestly wait to get them and read them!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat